Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sleepless in New York

Dear SNY,

I'm so sorry. I changed the name of this blog midway through a conversation.

I had a sickening vertiginous moment last night when my partner asked me what black dog ate my homework was about.

He'd seen it in the browsing history of our computer when looking for something else. It was followed by the words "violent alcoholic".

He asked if I had meant him. I honestly responded that it was his father I had been thinking of. And then we had a short talk about the fact that I did look for support on the net regarding his depression and its various components.

I must confess to being surprised about his encouragement in that regard. He felt it was only fair and right and promised that he would never read anything that looked private.

It was great to have that talk but I still wouldn't want him to find this site. I think it would cause him pain to read these things.

And so, in case he changed his mind about not looking a little deeper, I quickly changed the name of this blog.

I sincerely hope that you find me here again. I look forward to your comments. They are insightful, interesting and thought provoking. I am sure others gain from them too.

Flo

3 comments:

  1. Sleepless in New YorkSeptember 1, 2010 at 2:05 AM

    Flo,

    I found you! When your blog disappeared, I guessed what might have happened. I remembered that you listed the Depression Fallout message board as one of your links, so I looked over there and found the new link. I feel like Nancy Drew! (Do you even have Nancy Drew books in Australia? I know that my Brit friends look at me blankly when I make a Nancy Drew reference....)

    I don't have time to post longer today, but I wanted to send a quick note to say that you haven't lost me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get the Nancy Drew Super Sleuth award! (Although I always related to Trixie Beldan just that little bit more - just that bit daggier you know?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worried about you for weeks when your blog disappeared! So glad to find you (I also tracked you down via the d f message board). Now I have you safely back in my favourites. Thanks for keeping on writing. Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments on this post are welcome.