Friday, January 1, 2010

Year Zero (again)

Happy New Year to you. For those who haven't had such a great few days, here's hoping things get better soon.

I woke up earlier than the other two this morning and so had some very precious time to sit and contemplate my navel.

How will I use this great gift of a clean slate, another go around that the new year makes me feel I have?

Here's a little list of the profound and the banal, all mixed up together.


1) Stop feeling disappointed when people don't return text messages promptly. (Yes, I really am in my 30s. Hard to believe isn't it?)

2) Read more about how to communicate with children and take more care at applying this knowledge with the three-year-old. Practise the skills of parenting. Every tantrum is a chance to do it better. (Must remember this last bit.)

3) Keep Fantasyzing with Spod!

4) Make connections. Refuse to be isolated - write, blog, read, discuss.

5) Slow down. Wait for the wheel to turn (again). Then act if I still want to.

6) Learn to play the piano accordian. (This one gets dragged from year to year, but that doesn't mean I want it any less!)

By the way, we ended up going to dinner last night and we had a good time. Right now my partner seems to be in a cycle of relatively long up periods punctuated by rapidly descending but brief downs.

So how about you? Any plans for change in the new year? Areas you want to concentrate on?

Feel free to be deep or trivial (totally free of charge, either way).

Flo

1 comment:

  1. It's late so I'm too tired to write much. I found your blog from ask Moxie where I wrote about my partner's depression some time ago. Things are a lot better (though not back to 'normal') now but truly I'm still in a state of shock after his depressive episode that started a few weeks after our son (also 3) was born. Please keep writing. As for NYE well for the first time in 3 years there were no tears, shouting, miserable silences or vomiting and that I count as a result.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments on this post are welcome.