Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Reasons to leave

1. I want happiness to be day-to-day, not a special thing, a holiday in the middle of a heavy slog. I want this for all of us, but I can only make it happen for me and for my son, not for my partner.

2. I'm getting really tired. I worry that I'm disintegrating, even though I try so hard to keep it together. I can't grow a skin that's any thicker. It's not getting easier.

3. I don't like some of the ways that this is changing who I am. I don't like being so hard-arsed. I don't like having to draw sharp lines about how much I give to my partner and how much I have to keep back for myself.

4. I'm getting older.I don't know if I want to continue this battle for too much longer.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these Reasons to Leave/Reasons to Stay lists. They are very similar to mine.

    And thank you to everyone who has been commenting. Hearing your stories helps.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments on this post are welcome.