Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Good Life

Is it legal to self-administer CBT? I've been trying to remember some of the things that constitute living the good life; less in the Aristotle sense and more in the Felicity Kendal sense. (Though perhaps the two aren't really that different?)

Following this morning's silent journey in the car to work I hopped on the first bus from the city to the beach. I made it there with 45 minutes to lap up the sun, dip my feet into the sand and enjoy a quick breakfast before starting my shift.

It's really much more achievable than it sounds. The joy of it was breathtaking.

Maybe it was the combination of caffeine and fresh air or maybe it was that lovely feeling of optimism. Whatever it was, not asking too many questions today. Just enjoying it.

Flo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments on this post are welcome.