Tuesday, December 29, 2009

We learn dances, brand new dances

I’m knackered. I was out walking this morning before my son woke up (part of the resolution to start looking after myself) and accidentally fell into an exercise routine – or the start of one at least.

I’m a bit out of touch with things generally but luckily I work with a whole bunch of people in their early 20s and one of them put Fantasyze With Spod on my mp3 player (never mind the subtext of their message, let’s stay positive).

It’s a jogging fitness program set to bad dance music with a weird robotic voiceover telling you when to walk, run and jog. (Said young people also mentioned something about avante garde DJ blah blah and so on etc.)

Anyway, I had my player on shuffle and it just so happened to play week one of the program first off. So, having been well trained by the nuns to do what I’m told, I started to walk. And jog. And run. And walk.

I thought I heard the echo of Iggy Pop’s Nightclubbing but it might have been the lack of oxygen to the brain at the time. (Busy panting heavily – managed to hit the steepest hill in the hood in tandem with the “now run” command.)

Anyway, just thought I’d document the beginning of this taking-care-of-self thingy. Maybe if it’s in writing I might be more motivated to stick with it.

Is anyone else out there embarking on a routine to look after themselves better? What are you doing in the new year to build more of a life for yourself (and have a few more laughs)? I’d love to hear about it.

Flo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments on this post are welcome.